‘Magnetic Points Run-Through Boards’ are the latest innovation to be announced by Rail Safety Solutions Limited, a subsidiary of Auctus Management Group Limited. The equipment’s revolutionary design incorporates unique ‘magnetic technology’ that has been approved for use on the UK’s rail infrastructure by Network Rail.
Reactive Safety Technology
The boards act as a temporary indicator to drivers/operators to ‘Stop and check the points before proceeding’, thus reducing the risk of damaging the points. The boards are situated at the Trailing end of the S&C worksite to ensure that vehicle operators and Crane Controllers are aware of the direction of the switches.
Magnetic Points Run-Through Boards Overview
- Safe, simple and light
- The equipment only consists of two components
- The system has been tested by HHC/DRS Inspecties B.V. and certified to EN 13374 (Class A), and is approved by Network Rail PA05 05085
- No loose components
- No tools required
- No danger of damaging underground signalling cables
- Simple, safe and fast assembly/disassembly, with a simple magnetic attachment to the web of the rail, with no requirement to remove or replace ballast – meaning that there is no hazardous ballast dust to be inhaled by the workforce
- Quick deployment resulting in significant savings
- Strong magnet (tensile force up to 600 Kg/N)
- Easy dismantling with one arm movement
- Does NOT affect track circuits or Axle counters
- Can be used in areas with S & C
- Can be used even under freezing circumstances when ballast is frozen or covered with snow, and removes the potential for ‘Track distortion’ in high temperatures
To find out more about Rail Safety Solutions and our Magnetic Points Run-Through Boards click here.